Heyyyya! I hope everyone is having a nice week!
In case you’re wondering “random Wednesdays…?” Yes. That is the title of this post. I made it up 🙂
It was supposed to be a random Mondays post but since I couldn’t, I just posted it today and named it random Wednesdays.
1- I’m getting my phone fixed, my parents were upset but in the end they agreed to fix it for me. Phew.
2- I’m just very happy ok?!
Man is troubled not by events but by the meanings he gives them
I am very Needle by Born Ruffians today and I’m also very Taro by Alt-J too.
I have always known Needle. It’s an awesome song by Born Ruffians that everyone should listen to when they are really really happy. As for Taro, I discovered it while I was listening to ‘The Sounds In My Head’ a podcast by Daniel but I always knew Alt-J (remember ‘Something Good’?). I love the indian vibe in the chorus. Well it’s my kind of music. (Let me know if you like it too)
During my parents absence I’ve been reading a lot of short stories. The list is as follows :
- ‘Rags Martin Jones And The Prince Of Wales’ by Francis Scott Fitgerald : a humorous love story about a man that tries to prove his love to a girl who seems to be out of his league
- ‘The Fourteenth Ward’ by Henry Miller : I didn’t quite get this one, I must read it again… I really didn’t get it. I think it’s about this boy that lives on the streets and who describes his life on the street. It was really funny at times, it’s just that I rushed through it and have to read it again because I didn’t get the concept.
- ‘Sing, Shaindele, sing’ by Jerome Chryn : about a girl named Shaindele of Jewish descent who sings to earn feeding money. She falls in love and … I don’t want to tell you the ending, it’s the best part, just read it. It’s really good.
- ‘The Umbrella Man’ by Roald Dahl : on a rainy day a woman meets a man who is willing to sell her his umbrella for a pound but she soon discovers something about this curious old man.
- ‘Mr Botibol’ and ‘Vengeance Is Mine Inc.’ are other works by Roald Dahl.
Read any one of them, they are all good and if you’re lucky you might get the jokes and they will make you laugh and maybe even cry (Sing Shaindele Sing).
A video, for those who read this far : here is ‘Put a Light On’ by Generationals